Becoming a Christ-like leader is a decision that you must make every morning.
Leadership is not just for Pastors and clergy.
When you are married or a parent, you are a leader.
The Connected Leader helps us to become and be the leaders we are meant to be.
1. Before we can lead, we must learn to follow. Being always precedes doing!
2. We must develop knowledge and skills while we learn how to apply principles that can us steer
our life and ministry.
3. We must develop leaders within our environment and church. Jesus did not carry out His work
alone, and you are not intended to do either.
What will happen?
The Connected Leader consists out of 14 teachings /meetings (one per month) where a participant is trained to develop his Leadership Skills and Leadership Character. This training is based on the foundation of The Connected Life and The Connected Disciple. This will also help you ‘not to just develop yourself’ but to develop others within your group as well as new and young emerging leaders.
It will take place in a small group setting that will last for one to two hours. The Bible is the foundation for the teaching. It will be conducted in an exegesis format to guide you through a devotional, questions for discussions and prayer. You will also be assigned to read articles or books which are supplementary towards your transformation.
During this process we will do an assessment of who you are, your leadership skills and your profile. We would like to explore where you are in life, your growth points and strengths to determine where God wants you to start working in your own life.
The Connected Leader can be presented over a weekend, but we suggest a monthly meeting in a small group or online study to maximize your teaching and training. It takes time to reflect on teachings and implement that into our lives.
Topics to be discussed:
Level 1 – Lead Self
· Jesus was Connected - Following His example
· Principle - God has a Purpose and a Plan and we get to be part of that
· Principle - Calling – Who is fit to Lead?
· Principle - Before You Can Do It, You Have to Know It - Personal Devotional Life
· Principle - Before you can do it, you have to live it - Living out of the Overflow
· Principle - Prepare yourself to lead – How is God preparing you?
· Principle - Prepare yourself to lead - How can you prepare yourself?
Level 2 – Lead Others and Organizations
· Principle - Seeing the Big Picture
· Principle - The Model of a Team
· Principle - The Work of Leadership
· Principle - Let your people have a voice
· Principle - Motivating your followers
· Principle - Facing obstacles and opposition
You can either attend one of the weekends, monthly groups, online study courses or plan to become a Facilitator of such a group in your community.